Discussion is going on in a television on the occasion of recent solar eclipse day. There were heated exchanges between the representative of the JVV and a person who practices Astrology. Both were trying to win over the other person, in the process of defending their point of view.
There was another discussion on the controversial remarks of china jiyyar swamy and once again there was sweeping and sarcastic comments by a Doctor who is a representative of the JVV.
Such contradictory arguments between these two divergent groups of people are very common in television discussions in the state of Andhra pradesh recently. I am fed up with such repeated illogical and ignorant discussions. If one carefully observes these arguments, one can find that the whole intention of the discussion is to ridicule each other to satisfy their egos.
Here the center of controversy is whether the science is superior to the religion or whether the religion is superior to the science?
With all my experience I can certainly say that it is a ridiculous argument to compare two different systems working towards the same goal. The purpose of science is to solve the problems of people and to give a good life to them.
The purpose of religion is also the same. The religion also tries to answer many problems of the people. It gives hope to the person who is in desperation. It gives courage to a fearful person. The belief in the God drives a common man in his daily life. The belief in the God motivates a person to venture a big activity. The belief in the God cures the disease. More than 70% people living in villages and for them, the God is only source of strength. Let us not forget these facts.
Both the systems are therefore meant for resolving the problems of the people. As the goal of both the systems is the same, it is illogical to compare each other. In fact each system complements the other system.
In order to effectively communicate this fact I would like to pose the following questions to the JVV for their introspection and to fill the gap in their perceptions, if they answer each question genuinely and dispassionately.
1. Whether the members of The JVV perform religious rituals on the eve of their housewarming ceremony?
2. Whether the members of the JVV follow the vaastu when constructing their houses?
3. Whether the members of the JVV search for a good day (manchi roju and Muhurtham) whenever they are attempting any important venture? Why the scientists perform rituals to inaugurate or commence scientific venture?
4. Do the members of the JVV have full satisfaction about their achievements in their life? How do they cope up with failures?
5. Why all the highly educated and a knowledgeable people are unable to explore their full potential? What is blocking their progress?
6. What is your opinion on Extra sensory Perceptions like Psychokinesis (Moving objects with mind) Telepathy (telepathy is the direct transference of thought from one person to another person without using normal sensory channels) Retro cognition (knowledge of past events without having had access to information about those)?
6. Do you have belief in the music therapy? Do you practice meditation? What is your stress relief mechanism?
7. Have you, being atheist, felt any vacuum in your life? Are you feeling alone some times? Who is your real companion at the times of distress?
8 Will laughter cures the disease? What do you want to say on many documented accounts miraculous cures?
10. How do you find answers to the basic questions of human being? I.e what is death? What happens to our life energies after death?
Whether sound or music influences the physiology?
Study conducted by the Department of pathology of Ohio State University, showed that sound had effect on the growth of normal human cells including human tumour cells (lungs, colon, brain, skin) When the tumor cells were exposed to primordial sounds they were blown away whereas normal cells, exposed to primordial sounds, become lively.
It is also recognized that music and humor are effectively help children cope with illness.
Everyone must accept that listening to music reduces their stress and it also has healing effect. It is also a fact that many hospitals playing music to give comfort and soothing effect to the patients.
What the above studies and observations revealing? Sound and Music certainly affects our physiology.
Whether faith Cures diseases miraculously?
In his book “Modern Miraculous Cures – A Documented Account of Miracles and Medicine In the 20th Century” Francois Leuret documented many accounts miraculous cures. Read more
Even though Doctors not admitting openly in view of lobby of drug industry, it is a fact that 1/3 of medical healing is due to positive belief system.
Whether feelings affects physical world?
Brilliant work of Japan’s Masaru Emoto photos (water forming in to crystals) published in a book called The Messages of Water, demonstrated that our thoughts, words, and feelings affect physical world, right down to the molecular level.
I am not here to criticize the JVV nor support the conventional religious rituals.Modern world is still under deep influence of Newtonian physics. We are all forgetful of the fact that the mind is the matrix of matter. We don’t understand it with bits of information. Science can not answer many intriguing issues of life.
It is better to realize that science and religion complements each other. Proponents of these respective groups stop fighting each other. It is better to work together for the benefit of humanity at large.
(My purpose of this article is not to hurt The JVV. In fact I appreciate the efforts of this organization in enlighten the people. I was grown up listening to speeches of Innaiah garu. It is intended to fill the gaps, through some light on the important aspects of life)